"Vernon Revelations(7&8) - #4, DVD"
History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 DVDs. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes. AND now the beauty of DVD offers: Superior Picture Quality Dolby Digital Sound Interactive Menus Take You To Every Trick & Explanation with just a Click of Your Remote Multi-Region for Worldwide Viewing.
Gary Ouellett Intro
An Unpublished Linking Ring Move
The Vernon No Key Linking
The Five-Card Mental Force
Some Thoughts on the Stop Trick
Taking Advantage of Good Breaks
The Trick That Cannot Be Explained
The Cutting Trick
How to Practice the Trick That Cannot
Vernon Talks About Card Palming
The Hofzinser Bottom Palm
The Diagonal Palm Shift and the
The Hofzinser Bottom Palm Transfer
Gary Ouellett Intro
The Diagonal Palm Shift-
a detailed description
The Hand Washing Move
The Gambling Palm
The Vernon Gambling Palm Transfer
Topping the Deck
The Erdnase Top Palm
Several Methods of Replacing the
Palmed Card onto the Deck
Skinning the Hand, Version 1
Vernon Color Change
The Tenkai Palm Color Change
Skinning the Hand Version #2
The French Pass
Two Technical Descriptions of
Covering the Side Slip
The Loewy Palm
Some Moves for Cards Up the Sleeve
The Vernon Card Switches
A New Top Palm
The Card to Jacket Pocket
The Palm Change
Story of the Mysterious Kid
Vernon Talks About Shiners
"Vernon, Dai & Larsen, Bill"