"Lorayne Ever!- #1, DVD"
It's true: When Harry Lorayne teaches on camera, it's almost as if he's sitting with you in your own living room, helping and guiding you. It will be hard for you to decide which you enjoy more - the performances or Harry's explanations. As he teaches a particular routine, he also teaches each sleight, each move, the psychology, the proper attitude to take. Watching Harry Lorayne is watching impromptu close-up magic at its best. Each and every effect, idea, routine in this entire series can be done with a borrowed deck of cards. You'll be thrilled by Harry Lorayne's performing/teaching ability, by his judgment, selectivity, attention to detail. Harry never abandons you during an explanation; whatever he teaches, he teaches thoroughly, walking you through it hand in hand. Be prepared to sit, watch, enjoy - and learn!
- EASY INDICATOR ?EWe believe that there is no faster or more magical four-card cull than this. It窶冱 an any (shuffled) deck startler!
INSTANT FACE-UP CATCH (Steve Naidich; Harry Lorayne) ?EYou窶冤l use this card revelation immediately. When Harry Lorayne teaches, you learn!
- FOURSOME ?EWe watched Harry do this one for a group of twelve laymen. We watched twelve jaws drop in disbelief.
- OUT OF MY CONTROL ?EHow can you find a selected card that窶冱 窶徨eally?Elost? Let your spectator do it for you! Learn this, and learn a couple of great sleights at the same time.
- SIX CARD ROYAL ?This is one of the wonderful effects out of Doug Edwards Packs a Wallop. The combination of 窶彷our?Ecard repeat, lost-card location, and magical Royal-Flush appearance will probably elicit cheers from your spectators.
- MY SECOND KEEPER (John Quine) ?ENo matter now much the deck is (really) shuffled, the vital card is always, always, where you want it to be ?always under your control.
ONE-EYED JACK SANDWICH ?EHarry says he doesn窶冲 know whether he wants to accept the credit?or the blame?for starting the 窶徭andwich?Ecraze with this effect. This is still the best of them all. An almost perfect card effect.
- TWO-CARD TRICK ?EThe late Bro. John Hamman said that Harry did the best handling of this lovely little gem, one of John窶冱 own favorites. And Harry raves about John窶冱 intriguing concept. What a marvelous piece of card magic it is! It originally 窶徭aw the light?Ein an early issue of Apocalypse.
- COLOR-CHANGING DECK #2 ?ESit back, relax, just watch ?Eand be entertained. Harry doesn窶冲 teach this one on camera, but he does give a couple of printed hints about the modus operandi.
- HARRY窶儡 MEMORY LECTURE/DEMONSTRATION ?EA professional taping of one of Harry's live lectures?entertaining and educational! (Details at right.)